How to add Google adsense to a wordpress blog
Ad sense is a program for webmasters implemented by Google wherein approved site person paste the Google ads use java script code into the pages on their websites.
Google then serving ads in those websites, based on the keywords that it finds in the text of the page.
When a visitor clicks on one of those ads, the webmaster makes money – usually a few cents per click. But you should know which keywords to target – the ones that will help you make the most amount of money per click.
Applying for your ad sense account–
Visit URL – https://www.google.com/adsense & click on Sign up to apply for ad sense account.
The first form will ask for is the url of your website. Don’t include https:// part of the URL, only the URL of the main page.
Next, what is primary language your site is published in.
Next question is if you are selling up an individual or business account. To. Simplify the question, if you don’t have an office or business that currently has 20 or more employees, you are an individual
Next, the country that you live in. Then your personal information.
It is important to note that when Google pays you, the cheque will be made out to the name that you put here.
Then your telephone number where you are reachable.
Following this, there are a number of check boxes, all of which must be checked, before submitting the application.
By clicking on those boxes means, you will not click on the ads on your pages that you will not encourage visitors to your ads, you will not place ads on pornographic sites under ad sense program and policies.
Finally submit the form. Approval is manual not automated and can take up to 3 business days before you hear from Google representative. They contact usually comes via email.
Wait what is the product selection – this seems confusing to many – choose both – adsense for content and adsense for search.
You can have Google ads appear on your pages (adsense for content) and you can also include a Google search box on your pages (adsense for search). So when people use those search boxes and click on sponsored ads in the results, you get paid for those clicks as well.
Once approved you are ready to get to work and build your first profitable adsense website.
Now you are ready to place the ad sense java script code on your pages.
You can go to dashboard of your website & Click on Settings > Connect More Services
The below ad sense code need to be copied & pasted in your website pages:
Post ad sense account approval from Google:
Logon to your ad sense account. Click on the ad sense set up tab at the top of the page.
- First, click on channels and set up a channel for the topic of your site.
- This will come in handy later on,when you are analyzing which of your site is pulling the most.
- Now click on palettes, and create a color palette that matches your site well.
- Your Google ads should blend into your site. If they stand out like a sore thumb, they will get fewer clicks.
- Your ads should look like content on your site.
- Once palette is set, click on product, choose ad sense for content to create your ad units.
- Here you can choose ads that are enclosed in a box, and that are more free standing.
- It is good to choose the link unit to add above or below your navigational links and you can design your site navigational links to look just like the google link units…
I will be sharing more details in my coming blog about steps to follow once ad sense account is approved …